Sonke and MenEngage Africa support USAID’s workshop on Women’s Economic Empowerment & Equality
MenEngage Africa and Sonke Gender Justice are supporting a FHI 360 and USAID – US Agency for International Development workshop on Women’s Economic Empowerment & Equality (WE3), which is taking place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosebank, outside of Johannesburg, South Africa, today and tomorrow (Tue-Wed, April 11-12, 2017).
The workshop was preceded by a half-day Regional Women’s Caucus which was held yesterday, Monday, April 10.
It will bring together diverse development actors, including USAID – US Agency for International Development staff members from different African missions, implementing partners, private sector companies, regional women’s organisations, small and medium enterprises, donors, academics, non-governmental organisations and grassroots leaders from the Global South.
Elias Muindi, Programme Officer for MenEngage Africa’s Kenya network, Kenya MenEngage Alliance – KEMEA, will speak in a panel session on Women’s Entrepreneurship and Value Chain Linkages, on the second day of the workshop, 12 April 2017.
Together, we will craft a collective vision and map out tangible, joint steps to increase women’s economic empowerment and equality in the region.
- Discuss draft USAID WE3 Framework and solicit practical input for implementing it.
- Identify what works for private sector, public sector and civil society to increase WE3.
- Map out and strengthen existing partnerships and identify new ones around WE3.
- Identify tangible WE3 challenges and create joint action plans to solve them.
- Network, network, network!!!